What if you became the patient?
You have invested a tremendous amount of time, energy and resources to become a physician and your expertise is second to none. As such, your ability to earn an income is your #1 asset. Disability insurance is the foundation of a sound financial plan. It is the first of the “insurance building blocks” we recommend. Disability insurance replaces your income in the event you suffer an illness and/or injury that prevents you from being able to work.
RBC Insurance – Disability Insurance Offer for Medical Students, Residents & Fellows
- NO MEDICAL – no medical exam or blood test required.
- FREE COVERAGE – 12 months free coverage (5 months if you are a resident or fellow).
- Simplified 1 page application.
- 100% Guaranteed contract that you own and control!
- Permanent 25-40% discount.
- Riders Include:
- Own Occupation definition of disability.
- Cost of Living Adjustment.
- Future Income Option offering up to $25,000 of coverage per month.
- HIV, Hepatitis B and C protection.
- Convertible to Long Term Care Insurance.
Coverage Limits & Discounts
|Stage of Medical Training||Maximum Coverage Limit||Free Coverage Period||Discount Available|
|Final year medical student||$4,500||12 months||Permanent 25-40% discount.|
|Resident Physician**||$4,500||5 months|
|General Practitioner **||$7,500||5 months|
|Fellowship Program **||$8,500||5 months|
|Specialist **||$11,000||5 months|
|**Starting in practice limits are available if you are in your final 3 months of your residency or fellowship training & your practice will commence within 3 months after your residency or fellowship ends|
Flexibility for the Future:
- Special FIO Offer – One time option at the end of your medical residency or fellowship to increase your coverage to the post-residency limits available.
- Critical Illness Offer – Option to add up to $100,000 of Critical Illness Insurance with NO MEDICAL at any time during your eligibility or within the first year in practice.
- Business Protection Offer – Option to add business protection (overhead expenses and/or business loans) later on with NO MEDICAL and a 15% discount.